1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About CSS

Discussion in 'Programming & Coding' started by isti, Jan 16, 2007.

1. isti

isti New Member

When i am using CSS, it works fine with IE but sometimes the same design is messed up while viewing with Mozilla Firefox. :confused: I dont knw why it happens.. can anybode give me some advice on this.. or anybody has any tutorial on CSS for Mozilla Firefox...

2. Fewski

Fewski New Member

Could you give us the link? It's kind of hard to tell you why it's happening without seeing it.

3. isti

isti New Member

Yah sure it is SYP-SQUAD.COM
    Do i have to write different codes for IE and FireFox?

4. Fewski

Fewski New Member

They look the same in both browsers to me, are you sure it's not your screen resolution?

5. isti

isti New Member

Is it? are they same in both?? but in my PC everything is good but still its scrambles in Firefox and one of my friend also told me so.. so i posted here.. just to be sure if the CSS is different for FireFox and IE... thank you mate for helping me..

6. Geoserv

Geoserv New Member

The only thing that sticks out different from Ff and IE7 is your navigation menu at the top.

I will take a peak and see what is the problem.

Geoserv.

7. Fewski

Fewski New Member

What resolution are you using? I'm using the biggest one (1280x1024) and it works fine.

8. Deaol

Deaol New Member

I checked it on my laptop here with opera and ie and it looks fine @ 1280x1024.

Checked it on my mac just now @ 4960x1600 and it looks horrible :D ... but most sites do

9. Geoserv

Geoserv New Member

Here are the screenshots of what I see:

Firefox:
    [​IMG]

IE:
    [​IMG]

Geoserv.

10. Qoelet

Qoelet Guest

I've checked in IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera and they all look the same to me?

11. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

IE is still a bitch compared to other major browsers. It's better with IE 10+ but still some random issue.

12. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Guest

I dont know right now, as the URL doesnt open here :( . But yes, IE and many other browsers are known to mess up things when CSS is involved. This is because IE doesnt follow some of the regular CSS. You might try using a different CSS file for IE to make it compatible.

Strangely, no one asked, what versions of IE and Firefox are you using.

13. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Guest

One of the biggest issues I am running into these days is with Chrome - believe it or not. For some bizarre reason, Google Web Fonts look terrible in Chrome on Windows. Worse yet, there has been an open ticket about this on Google's forums for nearly two years now.

IE on the other hand has improved a lot since this article was originally posted, and is generally not as much of a problem as it once was. It's really dealing with support for IE8, which is about as far back as I would bother with.

The good news is the proliferation of mobile devices, all with modern browsers, is going to cause the overall share of browser use to decline even faster for old versions of IE.

14. BlueBtl

BlueBtl Guest

The latest version of IE has improved tremendously and it is unfortunate that it is so easily dismissed due to the poor quality of previous versions.

It is laughable that of all the mobdern browsers, Google Chrome does the worst job of rendering Google WebFonts.

15. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

Yup specially when you use font smoothing in CSS

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

16. diprod

diprod Guest

I only really use templates that are already there. And I do want to learn more about CSS. Thanks to this thread I'm actually more than just interested to really study it now.

17. averus

averus Guest

I can't open the site right now (link dead).
    I'll try again later and tell you what I see :)

18. Delusional

Delusional Guest

CSS is different for almost every browser. Colors, margins, alignment, new features, ... You should always check using the top browsers. Also keep in mind that transparency is a big problem for older browsers.

19. SeanM

SeanM Guest

Well maybe the problem is the build, firefox, will often times change their builds with certain updates, what version of Firefox are you running?

20. averus

averus Guest

OP isn't answering, and the site link is still dead.

I agree with you, some browser updates (and not only FF) have brought certain changes with them which resulted in CSS and other problems.