1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are tablets a computer replacement?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by pandaa, Oct 10, 2012.

1. pandaa

pandaa New Member

Would you consider using a tablet over a PC? It seemed that five years ago, the buzz was all about laptops. It's just funny to me how quickly things can change... :exclamation:

I could get used to it, it's just weird for me. Plus I don't like not having a physical keyboard.

2. spork985

spork985 New Member

I think it's going to come down to that, but I don't think they ever will. I would never use a tablet over a PC, I can easily upgrade/modify/poke at the hardware in my desktop. You can't do that with a tablet. You can't even replace the damn battery in the iPad...

3. Capitis

Capitis New Member

The biggest reason (besides price) that I have stuck with PC over Mac, is that I can upgrade as I want, how I want. I don't have to buy an entirely new model when I want an upgrade. I think Tablets will replace a lot of Laptops, but not all of them. For the people that have a laptop to continuously carry around, yes. For those that have a laptop at home, probably not. It will never replace a desktop, and the reasons people have those, at least in my opinion.

4. zonfibra

zonfibra New Member

tablets are mostly for person that move a lot and need always the computer

5. buysell-browse

buysell-browse New Member

Laptops nowadays are very light and powerful. They call them "ultrabooks", and they are serious tools for work. To play, a tablet may be ok.

6. winrar

winrar New Member

Well no,according to me, tablets can never take over computers.

7. NickyP

NickyP New Member

I don't think so, for what I do, I need a computer rather than a tablet, but I have a tablet for games :)

8. Bennie

Bennie New Member

Definitely not.
    I'd much rather use a desktop computer for school work, and real work; you can't do that with a tablet.

9. MeshCollider

MeshCollider New Member

No i dont think tablets will replace computers...for example you cant host a website on a tablet :) but tablets are more suitable for everyday work of most people and allow portability, so tablets will definitely continue to grow in popularity.

10. Ashish92

Ashish92 New Member

Tablets I believe are a handy tool, especially the smaller ones like Nexus 7. To be honest they are pinpointing on the concept of mobility that laptops first came up with.
    I honestly think that tablets are here to stay, perhaps in a few years time we will see the computers being separated into three categories,
    1. power pc's or workstations like mac pro
    2. A new type of system which is a hybrid of all-in-ones and laptops
    3. tabphones (tablets replacing smartphones with holographic display coming into act and wireless earpieces being the comfort piece.)

11. Electric Shock

Electric Shock New Member

There are things I love to do on my PC, that I cannot do on a tablet. So no, not yet.

12. Freya009

Freya009 New Member

Not really, while travelling one can prefer a tablet over laptops and not otherwise.

--
    Freya | Apps4Rent