1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christainity Or Ateisiam?

Discussion in 'The Debates' started by Guest, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Im a Christan but I curuois to see what you guys believe in! And WHY!?

2. Taz

Taz New Member

I believe that God is not Jesus and that he is a spirit. Jesus Christ was a man and a spirit such as God can not be a man. Also God is perfect, why would he be a human being that is not perfect.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Its Atheism btw I believe in science not a scientologist but I dont really believe in a "God"

4. Guest

Guest Guest

This is a debate board say your opionion!
    Epic, thats your opinion and im gonna comment on it, everything has to be created some how something had to be there to make it and that is God who started it all, because something couldnt have just been there, something has to be there before it and that thing has to be greater! The thing is that we can't understand this because God created us a certain way. Believe what you believe but just try going to a Christain concert or go to a Christain youth group, just try it out if you ever feel like it, Please.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Earth started as a rock with a few living cells on it or something, after the land formed and stuff. Then it began to go through Mitosis which is how cells divide to make new cells. Then the cells slowly became today's organisms. Evolution takes a loooooooooooooooooooooong time. Thousands, if not millions of years.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Im christian, I beileve god and hell, I also beileve that when you die you go to heaven or hell.
    Im kinda stuck between it though, for now I am christian though :)

-Snapz

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm an Atheist. I have never believed in God and I never will. :)

I personally find religion to be "conflicting" whereas having no religion just gives you freedom. Of course, you are free to believe in what you want and what you worship.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe in God. While evolution is true to some extent, I find it to be too much of a coincidence that the material universe, the sun and Earth just happened to form and create life. To me, a higher power of some sort had to be involved in the creation of life and mankind.

9. kyle2

kyle2 New Member

Man is a creation of evolution. God is a creation of man. We as a species many years ago were amazed and puzzled at how the world around us worked and why. But for our lack of intelligence we could not find the answers. And so, being that we created the idea of "God" This is before christianity, polytheism, and the like. Back when we were hunting mammoths and eating in caves. Our minds created the idea of god, and now we are in the era that we are outgrowing and throwing off our ridiculous superstition, much like a child throws off his fear of monsters in his closet.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Guys! Here is one question I want to put into your mind: There has to be something bigger and Before all of this. Look at albert eienstein he found God through science, there is no way that these things were just there one day, Something created that! God is Real in my life and I hope in yours to!

11. kyle2

kyle2 New Member

Jerenz, why does there have to be a god? Maybe the answer or reasoning behind the existence of these things are beyond our comprehension at the moment, even they may never be known. However why does that mean we have to have a god to create all this?

If god creating the universe, and before there was nothing, than how was god existing when he created the universe, and all that existed? Spontaneous generation? By saying there has to be a god, your also saying there has to be a force mightier than god himself to create "god" yet in the christian and other faiths, "god" is almighty, all-powerful, and yet, you say there is a force higher than god?

Logic, my friend.

12. Taz

Taz New Member

Bible my friend. You should read it.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Logic? Here's some logic for you. I find it to be too much of a coincidence that Earth's tilted axis, atmosphere, size, tectonic activity and its distance from the Sun to be too suitable to have been formed by sheer coincidence. If Earth was any closer or further from the Sun than it already is, we wouldn't be here. If we were too close, radiation would burn up most life. e.g Venus. If we were any further, the greenhouse gas effect on Earth would not be efficient enough to allow suitable temperatures for life to be sustained. e.g. Mars. Our distance from our parent star is...well, perfect! As a result, we have millions of species living on our planet, and one specific species is capable of self-awareness, reasoning and logic! Our species has moved on through the ages, adapting new technologies to thrive to what we have today, and possibly to an even brighter future. (Or grim future, whatever you feel is suitable.)

Now, do you honestly feel that Earth and life was created out of sheer coincidence? Was the Sun formed out of sheer coincidence? Was our galaxy formed out of sheer coincidence? Was our entire universe formed out of sheer coincidence? Did science really create all that we have right now?

No, it didn't. Alone, it could not have. Hence proving Einstein's statement: "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Buddy, look, if you have ever read the bible, or even gone to church and had a personal relationship with God, Then you would know what you are talking about.

15. kyle2

kyle2 New Member

I have read it. Ap Theology ftw friend.

16. kyle2

kyle2 New Member

Logic? Here's some logic for you. I find it to be too much of a coincidence that Earth's tilted axis, atmosphere, size, tectonic activity and its distance from the Sun to be too suitable to have been formed by sheer coincidence. If Earth was any closer or further from the Sun than it already is, we wouldn't be here. If we were too close, radiation would burn up most life. e.g Venus. If we were any further, the greenhouse gas effect on Earth would not be efficient enough to allow suitable temperatures for life to be sustained. e.g. Mars. Our distance from our parent star is...well, perfect! As a result, we have millions of species living on our planet, and one specific species is capable of self-awareness, reasoning and logic! Our species has moved on through the ages, adapting new technologies to thrive to what we have today, and possibly to an even brighter future. (Or grim future, whatever you feel is suitable.)

Now, do you honestly feel that Earth and life was created out of sheer coincidence? Was the Sun formed out of sheer coincidence? Was our galaxy formed out of sheer coincidence? Was our entire universe formed out of sheer coincidence? Did science really create all that we have right now?

No, it didn't. Alone, it could not have. Hence proving Einstein's statement: "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
    [/quote]

Then answer this, without attacking my point of view:

What solid support is there of religion? And no. Obscure insinuations, or assumptions are not considered valid to me. And therefore your post is invalid.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

What do you mean by solid support of religion? I don't understand the question very well.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but that smug statement is very contradictory. The whole issue of religion being a hoax and evolution being the prime creators of life is mere insinuations and/or assumptions too. So if anything, your post would be as invalid as mine if you abide by that.

18. kyle2

kyle2 New Member

The theory of evolution was founded by many years of observation by Charles Darwin(who was a firm christian himself.) and has been supported by more modern studies of fossils in the ground, dating back many millions of years. Not insinuations, or assumptions. Observations.

Solid proof of god: irrefutable proof of the existence of a god(s) or deity in it's own right.

You give me blocks of text saying how there IS a god, and how I don't have any proof that there isn't a god. So where is your proof that there is?

19. Guest

Guest Guest

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I do believe that evolution was a part of the creation of Earth and the life on it, but I do not think it was the prime factor. Yes, most life on Earth had to have evolved from something, but again, I don't believe that it was done out of sheer coincidence. I believe that some sort of higher power aided the formation of Earth in our solar system to facilitate the creation of life. Is it an assumption? Yes.

But is evolution alone being the creator of the world an assumption? Yes, it is.

20. kyle2

kyle2 New Member

Indeed it is. An incorrect one at that, as we know there were other factors, divine, or not that aided the creation.

I would like to bring in a post I just noticed from jerenz:

"Buddy, look, if you have ever read the bible, or even gone to church and had a personal relationship with God, Then you would know what you are talking about."

This is a religious attitude I find quite common among people. Basically this idea of god has created into many of it's believers a (pardon the irony) hollier-than-thou attitude toward people of different faiths, which I not only think is pure ignorance in a golden goblet, but is annoying as heck.

In fact, I believe christianity advocates tolerance, and love among your fellow man. In fact I believe one of your oh-so-precious commandments in the old testament is "Love your neighbor as yourself" but is this attitude not completely contradictory to your believe, Jerenz?

Explain this please.