1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please be sure you have read the advertisement rules! Violation of the rules in any advertising forums will result in a 2 week ban from the advertising forums. Continuous violations will result in being banned permanently from the advertising forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud hosting versus regular hosting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peaceful, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Peaceful

Peaceful Guest

What are your thoughts on cloud hosting? Do you prefer it?

Does cloud hosting make your website run faster? What are the advantages compared to the regular web hosting? if you've had any experience with it, would appreciate your feedback
    many thanks

2. BlueBtl

BlueBtl Guest

Technically, everything online is in the "cloud". :)

Cloud hosting, as opposed to managed hosting, usually means that you will be the sysadmin and thus responsible for all the services. If you have the skills to keep both the server running, your site could be faster because not only are you not in a shared environment, but you have total control over the servers memory allocation, etc.

3. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

Real cloud definition imo is High Availability systems, ie when your server crash the node transfers you to a secondary server seamlessly without downtime.
    Cloud for most host is just a marketing term.

4. oxpaulo

oxpaulo Guest

I've found that running your site with Cloud Hosting does speed up things. However, it tends to have more down time than regular hosting. Just my personal experience with it.

5. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

Then your host do something wrong. Real cloud is not faster, but its more reliable in case of server failure.
    Your host probably use the cloud term for marketing, as everything on internet is considered cloud nowadays.

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

6. SeanM

SeanM Guest

Cloud is the best way to go if you have the technical know how to run the servers on your own...