1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution in Technology.

Discussion in 'The Debates' started by Aeon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Aeon

Aeon New Member

What do you guys think would happen to us, will we leave earth to live in another solar system or galaxy? Will machine someday overcome man?

2. Joker

Joker New Member

By 2100 we will have robots that can do and think with simple task that we do without issues. By 2250 we will have robots that can be mistaken for humans. By 2500 there will be a problem that causes these robots to be removed from human trust. An example is if someone programs all the robots in the world to kill everyone, or they evolve themselves and do this.

3. Aeon

Aeon New Member

Don't you feel it going to come earlier then that? We are already teach computers on actual classrooms. Technological singularity?

4. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

With how far we've come technology-wise in the past 25 years, I think it might actually come much sooner than that. I would bump the timetable up a bit.

5. Bennie

Bennie New Member

Along with the advancements in technology comes with more corrupt users of it.
    At some point we're going to create an extremely beneficial machine, (such as robots) and corrupt users will eventually find a way to use it for bad use.

6. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

To answer your original question though, before we get that far, yes, I think it could eventually happen. But that is more likely hundreds to thousands of years in the future. Who knows for sure though?

Machines someday overcome man? Generally, yes, but those machines would be controlled by only a few powerful people. I don't think they will fully overcome though.

7. Joker

Joker New Member

The reasons my dates were so far ahead is there will be a large push from those that do not want it and in order for those to be sold and put out in the market, there would need to be a good amount of regulation and bills that will take years to pass. Yeah it might start out earlier. The 2100 was more for things like mass production of Self-Driving Cars where the passenger does not need to drive. They already have a few of these in Japan, I think, in the form of Taxi's but as far as I know people do not own them yet. Another example would be something like automated cooking for your homes.

2250 is more of robots that look like people. Think "Terminator" or "I, Robot".. They would do what I said before but they will be more compact and humanoid looking.