1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free images anyone?

Discussion in 'Free Resources' started by Christian, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Christian

Christian Guest

If you need some images for your website or even for commercial purposes then I have 2 websites that are going to help:

1. sxc.hu is a great site that offers free images of good quality. I've used it for years and probably downloaded hundreds of images from them.

2. morguefile.com is a more know website that also has free pictures. They generally have better quality pictures than sxc.hu

Have any of you used any other websites that allow the downloading of images?

2. theshaynee

theshaynee Guest

Oh cool. Thanks for sharing those.
    I've seen a couple websites that let you download images but it's kinda rare.
    Places like Shutterstock are more common I think and they cost money.
    Thanks again.

3. SeanM

SeanM Guest

Ok, cool, now are these photographs free or do you have to pay or sign up for offers or anything like that, sites like these usually require something like that...

4. oxpaulo

oxpaulo Guest

I've never actually paid to use pics in my blog posts. If you just email the original publisher for permission it usually isn't a problem.

5. Have not used these but will surely check out now. Thanks for sharing

6. I can confirm sxc.hu is a fantastic royalty free photo site. However, before you download some of the pictures, you need to fill in a small form that will tell the photographer of the purpose which you will be using it for. I am also not exactly sure, but I believe the site also states that no photographer should be charging you money for it and to report them if they ask.

7. ghostwheel

ghostwheel Guest

Great sites lists there!

I also particularly like using http://opengameart.org when I'm developing games as well.

8. Jamie75

Jamie75 New Member

I like the theme. I am sick of searching them on google and picking them out. Thanks!