1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please be sure you have read the advertisement rules! Violation of the rules in any advertising forums will result in a 2 week ban from the advertising forums. Continuous violations will result in being banned permanently from the advertising forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you monetize your website?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tonberry, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Tonberry

Tonberry Guest

I have three websites. One is about business, the other is about Android apps and games, and the last is about home tips. But you know what? None of those websites are generating any revenue.

Aside from Google Adsense, what else do you do in order to monetize a website or a blog?

2. sidd230

sidd230 Guest

Mostly, I use affiliate links from Amazon. Works the best for me. Faster than AdSense IMO.

3. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Guest

I've found that affiliate marketing works really great. As long as you only promote products that have to do with your website niche then you should notice some good sales. I also highly recommend cloaking your affiliate links in order to help increase sales.

4. I use a mixture of Comission Junction, Adsense, Postloop and Amazon. This one links to the Canadian site. If you want to become an affiliate with Amazon.com, .uk .de, etc, then you need to go to those specific websites and sign up for them. I wish they unified them though and did an auto-detect per visitor's region instead.

5. diprod

diprod Guest

I monetize now by using AdSense. And also I make sure that the PR is high so I could get other companies interested to put ads on my site. Usually this works.

6. Rainman

Rainman Guest

These days, you can't afford to focus on one or maybe two monetization methods for a website or blog. When I had only ads on my site, I hardly made enough to pay for hosting. When I started aggressively promoting products [not just placing an affiliate link on the side-bar] I started seeing changes.

I write reviews about movies, music and sometimes general gossip about entertainers. I include affiliate links to web-stores where one can obtain the DVDs or anything else at the bottom of the article. I make a little from this and hope that as I get more and more readers, I'll make more.

What I learned from this is that you should try anything that can work on your blog: affiliate marketing, direct selling of products you obtain free, ads, and if you can, directly selling ad space.

7. Vash

Vash Guest

I need to ask the OP, how much traffic are you getting from your web sites? In term of unique visitors, and page views per day or per month basis?

Any kind of monetizing require decent traffic to generate revenue.

To answer your original question about what can be used to monetize aside Adsense, there are many... which include but not limited to selling ad space, affiliation programs (CPA), CPM ad networks, or even other CPC ad network such as Bing/Yahoo Ads which work just like Adsense.