1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please be sure you have read the advertisement rules! Violation of the rules in any advertising forums will result in a 2 week ban from the advertising forums. Continuous violations will result in being banned permanently from the advertising forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your site your only source of income?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alien, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Alien

Alien Guest

My goal when it comes to working on the internet is making the internet my only source of income such that all the money that I need to survive on my own comes from the internet. Have you managed to accomplish that yourself?

Is the internet your only source of income or are you forced to work elsewhere in order to earn some good amount of cash?

2. theshaynee

theshaynee Guest

I haven't reached that point yet. Everything I'm doing right now is supplemental.
    I do look forward to having this as my main source of income. Setting your own hours and making a decent living is definitely a goal.
    So right now, still dependent on full time check on top of all this.

3. Agnesia

Agnesia Guest

I am working as well some place else but I do SEO and branding. In a way it is the source of my income as I am everyday on the internet working for someone. It takes time to build a reputation on the internet, but if you are patient you can make it.

4. sidd230

sidd230 Guest

Oh good gracious no. I just do it as a side hobby. Hell, What I earn, I mostly give away. (Charity, giveaways etc.)

5. Stefan

Stefan Guest

If I were to live with the money I make from my site, I would be homeless and starving right now. I only do it as a hobby. Everything I earn from the site goes right back into it (hosting mostly). Even if I earned enough to make a living from my website, I wouldn't quit a job because you never know when your site will lose popularity and being desperate to find a job is not something I want to experience.

6. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

I do web hosting for a living, also working for local business customers (net admin)

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

7. jfab

jfab Guest

I wish it is but the truth of the matter is as of the moment it still can't be my only source of income. Eventually, it will as I am seeing its potential. I should probably get more work done like update it on a regular basis and I would definitely see some good results.

8. diprod

diprod Guest

Definitely no. I still have other jobs that I am working on. But I keep my site as a side job.

9. garfish

garfish Guest

I do work on odesk while I also earn with my websites. I find it easy to pay for my bills because of my earnings because of my odesk employers. My websites don't earn much because of google's algo updates.

If you are also experiencing difficulties in earning through your websites then maybe working online from companies might help you too.

10. It's hobby money. The day all of my Youtube channels, blogs and review and guide websites make enough money to stop working at a company, is the day I get arthritis in my wrists most likely. ;)

11. bauss

bauss Guest

My website only generates a couple dollars a month at the moment, so it's not my only source of income. I'm also on social assistance until my website takes off.

12. oxpaulo

oxpaulo Guest

The goal is always to make it your full time job, but that's not realistic in the beginning. But work at it everyday, work hard, and you can absolutely do it.

13. SeanM

SeanM Guest

Currently no, but you can do lots of things to earn a little extra cash here and there, like freelance writing, or do fiverr gigs, that sort of a thing.

14. I don't think it's safe to rely on your website for your main source of income, at least on the first year. I've seen so many other websites which crashed down after a few months. You would need to make it your sideline first and work hard on it, before you consider it your main source of income.

15. haynes11

haynes11 Guest

What I would like in the future is for it to be able to grow and completley pay for itself, and bring in an extra £300/£400, now that would be nice... but right now, my brand new forums sitting there doing nothing, waiting for me to fill it with content. More so, I'm not going to give anyone the link or anything till I have worked out a plan rather than just delving in without thinking about it like most people do.