1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New gTLDs ae coming.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Deathstarr, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

What do you think about the new gTLDs that are coming out?

What is your favorite?

2. BlueBtl

BlueBtl Guest

Having all these new domains will make it even more difficult to protect our brands, but I'm very excited about this and am looking forward to the .shop domains.

Google says they don't discriminate against TLDs, but .com tends to rank better, and I believe the user perception gives higher credibility to .com's as well. IT will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years.

3. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

At some point people will get lost with all those .tlds, some are pretty cool tho

4. Well I for one think that they are too much in quantity, I mean a few of them are good additions but come on so many? I think companies registering them are just investing because it is a good business but I dont see any attraction in such tlds. The .coms and the .nets are still gonna be the most popular ones.

5. BlueBtl

BlueBtl Guest

I wonder if the reason for releasing so many new ones at the same time is to discourage speculators purchasing one of everything.

6. haynes11

haynes11 Guest

A few are nice... but there's way too many! I mean we've been running out of decent words for a while on the current ones, and a few of these would save the day... but we seriously don't need that many wow.