1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[PS] Stylish yet simple userbars

Discussion in 'Graphics' started by Azyru, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Azyru

Azyru New Member

Hey guys, Azyru here.

Today I'm going to be showing you guys how to make a pretty nice userbar. It's a simple userbar but not as simple as some are... So let's get started.

[​IMG]

First create a 200x100 px document:
    [​IMG]

Next set-up some guides for yourself:
    [​IMG]

Next, grab the rounded rectangle tool and set you radius to 3px. Then get your desired size:
    [​IMG]

Then add these effects to that rounded rectangle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then take a shape (I used the polygon tool): (color - #942d2d)
    [​IMG]

Now duplicate that layer and move it slighly to the left, like so: (color - #FFFFFF)
    [​IMG]

Now put you text in the dark area like so: (color - #eeeeee)
    [​IMG]
    [hr]

Then put some letters here (usually intials for your site) (PTP - Pay to Post) :
    [​IMG]

After, grab the gradient tool and pick foreground to transparent. Pick a nice red color (#de0000) put it on radial too. then make a new layer and fill it like so:
    [​IMG]

On the layer containing the gradient, set the layer to Linear Dodge (add) :
    [​IMG]

Now select all of the layer except for the black base one, and create a clipping mask:
    [​IMG]

And here is a finished one. But if you don't like the size of the white area then you can move all four of the top layers:
    [​IMG]

After a liitle moving I got my final piece:
    [​IMG]

I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial.

2. buyogv

buyogv New Member

I saw you share many tutorials now. BTW Thanks..

3. piecakez

piecakez New Member

This looks very cool! :d
    But i don't know wich program to use to make these things. Could please tell me if you're not to busy? Thanks :)

4. Azyru

Azyru New Member

I use photoshop, but if you can't afford it I would suggest Gimp. The only thing is Gimp doesn't have layer effects so you would have to find a different way to make it.

5. lookforuu

lookforuu New Member

Thank you for the tutorial, which is quite nice and useful. I would advice to tell sizes of the guide, what I understand from the article and the image it's two vertical guides (20px and 180px), and three horizontal guides (40px, 50px, and 60px). Please correct if it isn't right. :)