1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the USA go to other countries?

Discussion in 'The Debates' started by Joker, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Joker

Joker New Member

This is a major issue in my AP US History class. We very often talk about how we in almost any case send troops or aid countries that we have no direct relations with.

My question is, should the US be sending troops to other countries and support them/fight them or should we not be sending troops out unless there is a direct war with the US?

Thoughts?

2. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

I think there are some situations when you just need to. Most of the time though the strategy taken when the US does this only caters to political agendas and not the actual outcome. This is what went wrong in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Most of the time we honestly need to just butt out and sit back. We really don't need to be the world's police force.

3. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith New Member

No unless the situation is really dire in that country. Otherwise we need to be focusing on our own people, you know the ones who have constant gang problems and whatever else makes our situation just as bad as the people we are helping.