1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The metric system?

Discussion in 'The Debates' started by Joe, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Joe

Joe Hakuna Matata

Should the entire world use and embrace the metric system?

Why or why not?

2. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith New Member

I say yes just for the simple fact that everyone knows that is what is used. If you got people who use different systems then some confusion will happen when you describe something using either system.

3. DarkPenguins

DarkPenguins New Member

It would make everything simpler, but all the technology over in the US that use the current imperial system would have to be modified, and that would be very difficult to accomplish.

4. LLuDawg

LLuDawg New Member

The world totally should have all changed back when it was first introduced. Canada uses the metric system but people still tell their height in feet and inches. It is kind of funny how the US still uses the imperial system.

5. Blahnk

Blahnk New Member

No Im in the americas and it seems much eiser

6. MeshCollider

MeshCollider New Member

I think the metric system is much better than imperial, because we use a base 10 number system, it makes sense to use multiples of 10. but it is quite a large task to convert the whole world to metric, so i think we need to just leave things as they are for now, and slowly introduce metric over imperial.