1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA Issues

Discussion in 'The Debates' started by Thiizic, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Thiizic

Thiizic Futurist

Hello Postial.

Today as some of you may know, the US government has shutdown.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...n-top.html

So lets just assume this is going to go on for a long time.

My questions are:
    What do you think would happen to USA?
    How would your country react?
    and How would you and/or your family react?

I think if this went on for a long time that something big would happen.
    As there are many conspiracy theories floating around:
    http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theo...53976.html

I live in Canada, so we would probably be affected greatly and the government would either try to intervene or take a defensive action.

My family probably wouldnt care, and the only thing they would notice would be the fall of the USD.
    I would be so interested though and probably try to talk to some friends that live in the US and try to get a feel for whats going on.

2. Deathstarr

Deathstarr
    Administrator
    Staff Member Administrative Moderator Premium

I live in the US. Its another day just like any other. I thank having it for a short period of time is a good thing as it can show people they don't NEED the government, but unfortunately everyone is freaking out about something that most likely won't affect them. 800,000 government workers not working for a while, no big deal. These were recession proof jobs, I feel its about time these guys feel the pinch that the rest of the country faced for the past few years. I live just south of DC and while everywhere else in the country was shrinking jobs this place was booming like no other.

3. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith New Member

pretty much, if you were a federal worker you were screwed. Things are now back to normal but if things had gone on everyone would have felt the effects.

4. ProfessorJP

ProfessorJP New Member

No they wouldn't have, we would have boomed and prospered.

5. Thiizic

Thiizic Futurist

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic.
    When the government shutdown MOST government jobs are suspended without pay until the government figures something out.

The economy would have taken a huge hit if it went on longer.

6. ProfessorJP

ProfessorJP New Member

It wasn't a "Government shutdown", it was a partial government shutdown. Meaning things we couldn't pay for we didn't fund. 88% of government employees weren't affected in anyway shape or form. Actually if you watch American news they say that the government shut down was our biggest money saver of the entire fiscal year.

7. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith New Member

I have no idea where you are at. Having state parks and other visiting areas shut down had to lose us about a good billion in money. During the shut down the food inspectors were part of the people laid off. The amber alert website also went down as well as a bunch of other not important websites.

it may not have been a major shut down but it hurt in certain areas and if it lasted longer would have only worsen.