1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your Preferred CSS Frameworks

Discussion in 'Programming & Coding' started by SimplySidy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Guest

Hi

Today, we all need quick development and delivery of websites. As such, there are many frameworks which have been developed for use and most of them are available for free.

So the Question is which CSS frameworks do you guys out here prefer to use? Personally, I use Bootstrap, but given the frequent updates, I find it harrowing at times.

2. shanatron

shanatron Guest

I use both bootstrap and foundation.
    Bootstrap is more extended, but foundation is a lot easier to use and I find it's syntax more comfortable to work with.

Both of them are really good, though. And with both being mobile-friendly, it's a no-brainier.

3. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Guest

I too have heard a lot of plus about the Foundation Framework. Should be picking it up soon. As for now, the few clients that I have need me to continue with Bootstrap as they find it easier to manage the CSS once I have completed the coding.

4. BlueBtl

BlueBtl Guest

I use Foundation because I prefer the single breakpoint responsiveness. It is also .sass, which I prefer over .less because I am more comfortable with it.

5. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Guest

The only frameworks I use currently are Wordpress frameworks - since they greatly speed up the design of custom Wordpress themes. For static web sites, I still prefer to make them from scratch. Dreamweaver already has enough functionality in it to assist me in quickly churning out a layout, that I don't really need to rely as much on the frameworks. Building responsive layouts for example is very easy and intuitive in Dreamweaver - and there is no need for excessive CSS markup that I won't be using.

6. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Guest

Wordpress Frameworks? Something like Thematic? Unfortunately, the better ones out there are not free to use. Dreamweaver 6 is way ahead of its earlier versions due to its in-built support for wordpress, responsive codes etc. But it is a costly piece of Software for me to afford. I still use the free ones so have to do all the efforts again.

7. Delusional

Delusional Guest

I use Bootstrap from time to time. I also use Flat UI, the free version, for my own website. I like clean and flat websites so I really like where Bootstrap went with that. We'll see what the new trend is in 6 months.

8. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Guest

Have not heard much about the Flat UI but yes, Bootstrap is what I have been using. The problem with me is that they are constantly upgrading it and the tutorials/docs for the earlier versions dont seem to exist on their site any more.