1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please be sure you have read the advertisement rules! Violation of the rules in any advertising forums will result in a 2 week ban from the advertising forums. Continuous violations will result in being banned permanently from the advertising forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do I start?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peninha, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Peninha

Peninha Guest

@averus, W3Schools site look amazing, thanks for sharing! The Web building demos seem really catchy...! :)

@Agnesia webs.com looks great as well, thanks a lot guys!

• Like Like x 2
  2. BlueBtl

BlueBtl Guest

It really isn't very difficult to register a domain and pay for hosting. You'll be done in less than 10 minutes and most of that time will be taken up filling out the form for the domain (mailing address, phone, etc).

If you do a 1-click install for the forum software, that adds another minute, so now your're still around a 10 minute investment of your time. :)

If you do want to take a course in how the web works, check your local community collage, rec center, etc., for night classes. Our local rec center has really inexpensive classes on a variety of web topics, with one of the more recent ones offering domain registration tips.

3. Alien

Alien Guest

For anyone who is knew to web hosting, I believe that the best place to start is blogging because blogs are so simple to start and the ones that become very popular make so much money for their owners.

The only problem is that almost everyone who works on the internet has at least one blog therefore the competition is really stiff. Also, remember that the most important step in making your website is advertising it very well.

4. diprod

diprod Guest

Buy a domain first. From there you could pick a good site host. There you would see preassigned templates which you could use. That is how you could place your inputs on topics. Hope this helps.

5. diprod

diprod Guest

Buy a domain first. From there you could pick a good site host. There you would see preassigned templates which you could use. That is how you could place your inputs on topics. Hope this helps.

6. bauss

bauss Guest

I would either use Mybb or Xenforo to start a tennis forum, and fill it with quality content and a customized design before I open it.

Do that, and you will be off to a good start, and after that all you need to do is promote, and discuss threads with your members.

7. Peninha

Peninha Guest

Thanks for the tip bauss, I am saving all this precious informations you guys are sharing, I'm hoping to find the time soon to put it in practice.

8. How much do you usually pay for designers? This is what I'm a bit wary about. I've talked to some and I find their quotes to be quite unreasonable. What would you say to be an average rate that designers can charge for a fairly simple website?

9. averus

averus Guest

@Peninha, use all of your free time to learn. Trust me, it'll be very annoying and time-consuming in the beginning, but after a few months and a couple of projects, you'll be ready to create great sites, you'll figure out many things you have no idea about right now.
    In the end, you might be able to create sites that can earn you a nice amount of money :)

10. Peninha

Peninha Guest

Yes, I see the huge potential and I have big creativity, I just need to arm myself with the tools to conquer the web, thanks for the support averus. ;)

11. averus

averus Guest

And I need to get my mind set, stop procrastinating and start learning full-time :D

12. haynes11

haynes11 Guest

That's my main issue Averus haha, both on the web and in day to day life on things I've always wanted to learn, or atleast further myself in!

13. averus

averus Guest

I guess "One step at a time" is the best way to learn anything. I was always the kind of person who wants to know everything. That mindset made me miss many opportunities to actually learn something to its fullest.

Now I'm trying to get myself to learn one thing at a time. I think the results will be better that way.

14. haynes11

haynes11 Guest

I can definetley concur to this, I'm knowledgeable about a lot, but not greatly in one specific area.