1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which billing system do you use?

Discussion in 'Servers and Hosting' started by Licensecart, Mar 21, 2014.

Which billing system do you use?

1. Blesta

37.5%
  2. ClientExec

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. WHMCS

50.0%
  4. HostBill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. BoxBilling

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ubersmith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

12.5%
  1. Licensecart

Licensecart Certified Distributor

Which billing system do you use for your business? I use Blesta and have done since May 2013.

2. FLDataTeK

FLDataTeK New Member

WHMCS with a few Modules Garden add-ons.

3. S-Jack

S-Jack New Member

WHMCS just because it's awesome.

4. sjr2004

sjr2004 New Member

I use Blesta!! I like it alot more than whmcs due to myself not having to update it all the time.

• Like Like x 3
  5. S-Jack

S-Jack New Member

We haven't updated since Thursday, February 20th, 2014 and also you don't need to update all the time just if you get hacked or compromised don't blame WHMCS.

6. sjr2004

sjr2004 New Member

WHMCS still has security issues in its core, they may have done an audit but I still know there are issues.

7. S-Jack

S-Jack New Member

Everything will have security issues, I am sure Blesta does just not enough people use it to attack it yet... WHMCS is a massive project which lots of people use, who would you attack BIG or small?

8. sjr2004

sjr2004 New Member

I would attack all. I dont discriminate.

9. S-Jack

S-Jack New Member

I don't mean it like that, I mean it in their eyes all they're looking at is getting money etc.... I would go for BIG as you will have a lot more systems you can compromise and get a ton of money where as on small you have a select few which you have to look for.

10. sjr2004

sjr2004 New Member

That is true, and that is why I do not keep credit card information on my system the only information i can see within the billing system is the last four of the credit card number any other info i can not see. Nor have access to the information

11. Licensecart

Nah Blesta has been checked by security experts who report exploits in software and report bugs for whmcs directadmin and hostbill. 1 team found nothing in blesta and the other found 1 vulnerability which was patched. Now whmcs they tried to be clever and patched up, the localhost guy then found the same exploit but a different file. Because of localhost they patched up every few days. You can't say whmcs is being attacked for being big.. They are being attacked for bad coding skills.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mikho

mikho New Member

It is more fun to attack someone that has a big part of the market share since it is more likely to be famous.

Compare Windows and Mac, there are security holes in Mac but no one "cares" to exploit it since there is no fame in doing so.
    Microsoft on the other hand is more "fun" since it so big and more people will be effected by the vuln.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Licensecart

Well I suppose however, PHP.NET removed Register Globals function because of it's massive security holes... guess what? WHMCS made their own Register Globals function which is what an attacker found and exploited it... Why on earth would someone try and re-create a function which has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0?

They still have it as it's all in their core.

http://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/comments/1ox8aw/yet_another_whmcs_528_vulnerability/

http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/29065/ (PS: this one doesn't work as off 5.2.9) they made edits to make sure that it can't work.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  14. mikho

mikho New Member

I'm sure they created a work around to wait for the re write in the next major version.

I'm not trying to take any side, I know (as I lived with the constant updates) pretty darn well what it cost to take your site down.

Currently I only use WHMCS as my site, hopefullly I will get the time to do something about it soon.

15. Licensecart

They would need to re-write WHMCS completely to fix the issues they have, and we know WHMCS are too lazy to do that. Think of everything they would need to re-write, modules, plugins, core, etc everything. ClientExec sort of did a re-write for CE5 and they don't have as much issues like WHMCS.

Blesta 3.x.x is a complete re-write and none of it is the same as 2.5

16. mikho

mikho New Member

If Blesta can do it, I'm sure that Whmcs can do it.

17. sjr2004

sjr2004 New Member

They have the ability to do it but will they? that is the question

18. FLDataTeK

FLDataTeK New Member

WHMCS I believe has started replacing bad parts of their code slowly but they have to be careful when doing so because a lot of the 3rd party plugins will break if they change the way WHMCS works internally. They did that a while back and had to revert back because it broke a lot of things.

If I remember right I think its when they change the file that connects to mysql. It broke almost all 3rd party apps.

19. mikho

mikho New Member

Which is why you should always build things with an API in mind. :)

20. S-Jack

S-Jack New Member

WHMCS just needs to fix a few core files and then it will be fine, nothing is invincible for hackers so Blesta will get attacked one day and I will laugh :)