1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please be sure you have read the advertisement rules! Violation of the rules in any advertising forums will result in a 2 week ban from the advertising forums. Continuous violations will result in being banned permanently from the advertising forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fewski, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Brad

Brad Guest

I never use any hosts which place ads on my site as the ads are normally misleading and are nothing to do with the site.

2. jfab

jfab Guest

Hmmm this is my first time encountering it to be honest. But it doesn't sound like a bad deal if I get free hosting. So I might actually take it!

3. milksheikh

milksheikh Guest

I prefer that if you are serious about a website, go for paid hosting I use cPanel and have Unlimited Data from my host called Interserver

4. qaximor

qaximor Guest

If I have a website that is getting thousands of unique hits a day hell no. But If I have a small website that doesnt make much money then yeah I wouldn;t mind..

5. bauss

bauss Guest

It depends on how noticable ads are, and if the free host has a fast server with little downtime. I usually avoid free hosts for that reason.

6. Delusional

Delusional Guest

Never. Free hosting is always less reliable because it attracts a lot more people and a lot more people means a lot more people who don't know what they are doing. I also wouldn't like ads on my website because it is a piece of art carefully assembled and created to have a certain look. Having an ad in a different color would immediately break everything.

7. Definitely not. Ads are a pain in the eyes. Of the free hosts I've tried in the last decade and a bit, all of them were unreliable, slow and there is of course, no customer service.

8. despicable

despicable Guest

For me however, if I ever had to go for free hosting, it would depend on the traffic, disk space plus if there is a panel or not, and basic features like MySQL, PHP.
    2 Ads per month is not bad, but if the specifications are too low, meh, I'll pass.

9. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Guest

I would never use free hosting. If you're not expecting much traffic then I would suggest using a shared host like StableHost, Bluehost, or CrocWeb. They're very cheap and the best part is that you'll be in control of what you want to do with your site.