1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your essential/preferred wordpress plugins?

Discussion in 'Programming & Coding' started by shanatron, Jan 16, 2014.

1. shanatron

shanatron Guest

Hi fellow developers, I was wondering what are your favorite wordpress plugins to work with?

To my, it's yoast CEO plugin, it provides all you need to help position your site in the search engines.

2. BlueBtl

BlueBtl Guest

• Like Like x 2
  3. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Guest

Ubermenu - makes it easy to create complex animated drop down menus.

Layer Slider WP - Fantastic tool for building animated intros and sliders. Great user interface and a lot of features.

Visual Composer - This is a little different from a theme, it allows you to create more complex layouts within an actual post or a page. Think of it as a tool to generate the HTML and CSS when you want stuff like columns and blocks within a post.

W3 Total Cache - This is a really powerful plugin, but unfortunately it has a very high learning curve. You really need to know your sever settings really well to get a true speed boost out of this. Thankfully some web hosts are offering config files for you, so you don't need to do all the work.

4. shanatron

shanatron Guest

Wow, thanks guys, those plugins will make my job a lot easier! that forms plugin is perfect for what I need!

5. Brad

Brad Guest

Wordpress SEO is my essential plugin and one which I install as soon as I open any Wordpress blogs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. shanatron

shanatron Guest

Yes, nowadays ceo is as important as the design and the content. You should target the right keywords, and yoast help you a lot without knowing a lot about ceo.

7. Delusional

Delusional Guest

Kismet and Wordpress SEO. Kismet because you don't want spambots to overpower your website and Wordpress SEO because it just does a great job of keeping your site structured. Even if you are not aiming for improving SEO, that plugin will keep your site tidy.

8. My must- have Wordpress plugins for almost every site I put up are:

- Akismet
    - Global Hide/Remove Admin Bar Plugin
    - Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu
    - WassUp Real Time Analytics
    - WP YouTube

I also use the Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin when I switch themes.